Saturday, April 23, 2011

You’re a Naturalist Because You Can’t Accept That You Have to Answer to God

No. No, no, no. My transition to naturalism had absolutely nothing to do with accepting responsibility to God. At the time that I was struggling with this, I already accepted that I was responsible to God for my actions. I am not a naturalist because I want to explain away my misdeeds; I am a naturalist because the evidence led me here. I came to the point in my faith where I finally and fully accepted that I could not reconcile evolution with scripture. One had to be wrong, and from examining the evidence, I found that it was Genesis. I actually went through the process of coming to a proper understanding of science instead of peddling old dried up creationist mudslinging like I used to. Whether or not there is a God does not negate my personal responsibility for my actions, I will either be judged by God, or man, so becoming a naturalist does not free me in any way from my responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment